Everyone desires to have a clear glowing and scar-free face. Active breakouts of acne are frustrating enough and the scars left behind after acne can hamper a person's appearance. But, before understanding whether or not acne scars can be treated, one must first understand how it is formed.
Our skin has millions of pores which are responsible for regulating body temperature, maintaining skin pH balance, and hydration level. Acne occurs when these skin pores are clogged due to sebum, dust, dirt, pollutants, and dead skin cells. When acne starts to heal it often leaves behind stubborn acne scars. Acne scars are not related to any major health issue but this skin condition lowers confidence and self-esteem. Acne scars are rough and they make the skin texture uneven and also damage the skin in a way that cannot be healed naturally.
Dr. Keerthana Kalva is one of the best dermatologist in Hyderabad who provides effective and advanced treatment for acne scars. The team at Inform Clinics including her believes in giving every possible and up-to-date information which can help in providing great results to the patient. Various modern dermatological techniques are followed at the clinic that help in improving the appearance and texture of the skin.
Causes of acne scars
• Acne scars are caused by inflamed lesions in which tissues are destroyed. These destroyed tissues prompt the body to create scar tissue which is not smooth.
• Popping, picking, and squeezing acne leads to the formation of acne scars.
• Inflammatory acne if left untreated.
• Acne scars can be genetic.
There are different types of acne scars depending on size and shape. The treatment options depend on the type of acne scars. Besides acne scars, one may develop scars on the skin because of surgery, accident, or trauma. The best scar treatment depends on the severity of the condition.
Treatment options which help scars to go away easily are:
1. Chemical peels: chemical peels improve the appearance by using a chemical solution to exfoliate the skin. This helps in removing the outer layer of the damaged skin. The new skin replaces the older one which is smoother and this treatment option lessens the appearance of acne scars. Chemical peels also unclog pores, hence, preventing any further acne breakouts.
2. Dermabrasion: This is a skin resurfacing procedure that is mainly used to treat scars caused by acne, surgery, or injuries. This technique involves a special method to remove the outer layer of the skin on acne scars. The treated area appears smoother and refreshed. This treatment improves the appearance of acne scars. This also removes the scars that are formed due to injury or disease. This is mainly done by a hand-held device that removes the topmost layer of the skin by initiating collagen production and it also promotes new skin cell formation.
3. Microdermabrasion: this works best for depressed acne scars which mainly causes pits in the skin like boxcar scars. This is also helpful for people dealing with active to mild acne breakouts. This procedure helps remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and reduces excess oil from the pores. This is effective for the active nodular or cystic breakout, which exacerbates inflammation. This technique requires multiple sessions to achieve great results.
4. Laser resurfacing: this is a safe and effective method that helps in reducing acne scars. This works by exfoliating the epidermal layer of the skin. This stimulates the production of collagen by delivering heat in a deeper layer of skin. It further improves the elasticity of the skin and provides a younger-looking appearance.
5. Microneedling: this promotes the growth of new collagen in the skin which encourages the skin to heal itself. Microneedling technique helps in reducing icepick, boxcar, and rolling scars.
Every treatment is approached based on the patient's age, gender, hormonal profile and skin type.
Dr. Keerthana as a specialised cosmetic dermatologist has several years of expertise in successful treatment of acne of various skin types. All of the treatments carried out by her are very safe and effective.
For enquiries you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org